So the first meal I decided to prepare and cook was the Oven Baked Risotto with Summer Vegetables.
My mum loves risotto and although I don't have it very often I thought it would be the perfect time to!
I stupidly didn't take photos along the way as mother dear was getting in the way of the camera and took over the cooking for half of it so I only have the recipe card to show you and my photo that I popped on Instagram before wolfing the meal down!
I thought I'd share this recipe as a few of my fellow IG'ers loved the look of it and requested that I share the recipe immediately! SO, here is the recipe courtesy of Rachel Allen from Hello Fresh!
This recipe serves 2 people
Kcal 485/ Fat 7g / Carb 68g / Protein 13g
2 tsps Olive oil
3/4 Cup Peas
2 Cups Baby Spinach
1 Vegetable stock pot
1/2 Cup onion, finely diced
2 Cloves Garlic, Finely diced
140g Arborio rice
2 tbsp Parmesan cheese
2 tsps Butter
4 Stalks Asparagus
- Pre-heat oven to 180 degrees and boil a small pot of water
- Peel and finely dice the onion and garlic
- Heat 1tsp of olive oil in an ovenproof saucepan
- Add peas and spinach and stir continually for 2 mins, until spinach wilts
- Dissolve stock pot in 360ml water
- Add 2tbsps of the stock to the pea/spinach mixture
- Blend the mixture until smooth (or leave if you like a bit of texture!)
- In the saucepan, heat 2 tsps olive oil on a low heat
- Add onion and garlic and season with salt/pepper
- Cover with a lid and let sweat over a gentle heat until soft (approx 5 mins)
- Add the risotto rice to the onion saucepan and stir for a minute
- Then add the remaining stock and stir
- Cover with a lid and place in the pre-heated oven for 10-15 mins
- If your saucepan isn't ovenproof simply transfer it to a dish and pop in the oven
- Bake until the rice is just cooked and liquid has been absorbed
- Stir in the vegetable puree, butter and 2/3 Parmesan cheese
- Set aside
- Boil a saucepan of water
- Add a pinch of salt and the asparagus
- Boil for 2-3 mins, until tender and drain
- Serve the risotto in bowls
- Top with asparagus and the remaining Parmesan cheese
Although the recipe stated it would serve two people, I definitely think we could have stretched to 3! I find risotto very filling so I didn't manage to eat all of it. Luckily I saved it and had it for lunch today :D No wasting in this house!
The risotto was absolutely delicious, wonderfully creamy and cooked perfectly, the rice itself was lovely and fluffy. I'd happily make this dish again!