Hello Fresh | Risotto with Summer Vegetables

So last night I made the first of the three meals that Hello Fresh send over for me to prepare. If you haven't read my post on the Classic Box from Hello Fresh it can be found here.

So the first meal I decided to prepare and cook was the Oven Baked Risotto with Summer Vegetables.
My mum loves risotto and although I don't have it very often I thought it would be the perfect time to!
I stupidly didn't take photos along the way as mother dear was getting in the way of the camera and took over the cooking for half of it so I only have the recipe card to show you and my photo that I popped on Instagram before wolfing the meal down!

I thought I'd share this recipe as a few of my fellow IG'ers loved the look of it and requested that I share the recipe immediately! SO, here is the recipe courtesy of Rachel Allen from Hello Fresh!






This recipe serves 2 people
Kcal 485/ Fat 7g / Carb 68g / Protein 13g

Ingredients
2 tsps Olive oil
3/4 Cup Peas
2 Cups Baby Spinach
1 Vegetable stock pot
1/2 Cup onion, finely diced
2 Cloves Garlic, Finely diced
140g Arborio rice
2 tbsp Parmesan cheese
2 tsps Butter
4 Stalks Asparagus

Method

  • Pre-heat oven to 180 degrees and boil a small pot of water
  • Peel and finely dice the onion and garlic
  • Heat 1tsp of olive oil in an ovenproof saucepan
  • Add peas and spinach and stir continually for 2 mins, until spinach wilts
  • Dissolve stock pot in 360ml water
  • Add 2tbsps of the stock to the pea/spinach mixture
  • Blend the mixture until smooth (or leave if you like a bit of texture!)


  • In the saucepan, heat 2 tsps olive oil on a low heat
  • Add onion and garlic and season with salt/pepper
  • Cover with a lid and let sweat over a gentle heat until soft (approx 5 mins)


  • Add the risotto rice to the onion saucepan and stir for a minute
  • Then add the remaining stock and stir


  • Cover with a lid and place in the pre-heated oven for 10-15 mins
  • If your saucepan isn't ovenproof simply transfer it to a dish and pop in the oven
  • Bake until the rice is just cooked and liquid has been absorbed
  • Stir in the vegetable puree, butter and 2/3 Parmesan cheese
  • Set aside


  • Boil a saucepan of water
  • Add a pinch of salt and the asparagus
  • Boil for 2-3 mins, until tender and drain
  • Serve the risotto in bowls
  • Top with asparagus and the remaining Parmesan cheese


Although the recipe stated it would serve two people, I definitely think we could have stretched to 3! I find risotto very filling so I didn't manage to eat all of it. Luckily I saved it and had it for lunch today :D No wasting in this house!
The risotto was absolutely delicious, wonderfully creamy and cooked perfectly, the rice itself was lovely and fluffy. I'd happily make this dish again!




Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner