Hello Fresh | Tabasco Jambalaya with Orange and Honey Chicken

Today I'm sharing my final experience with the fresh produce I was sent by Hello Fresh last week. If you haven't read the posts, the introduction to Hello Fresh Classic Box can be found here. The first meal, Risotto with Summer Veg can be found here and the second, Chorizo Burgers with Red Onion Marmalade can be found here.

I made this final recipe over the weekend but completely forgot to share it with you girls so here it is, Tabasco Jambalaya with Orange and Honey Chicken from Chef Patrick!


This recipe serves 2 people
Kcal 613/ Fat 7g/ Carb 62g/ Protein 25g

Ingredients
2 Boneless Chicken Thighs
1/3 Cup Shredded Chorizo
1/2 Cup Diced Onion
1 Orange
1 tin Organic Tomatoes
1 Green Pepper
200g Basmati Rice
1 Chicken Stock Pot
3 tbsps Finely Diced Parsley
1 Clove Garlic
2 tsps Honey
Tabasco to taste

Method


  • Peel and finely dice the garlic and onion and finely chop the parsley
  • Boil 300ml water with half the chicken stock pot
  • Cut the green pepper pepper into small cubes
  • Cut the chicken thighs into thin strips
  • Heat 2 tsps of olive oil in a pan on high heat
  • Cook the chicken strips with a pinch of salt and pepper until brown
  • Grate over 1/4 tsp of orange zest and pour over the honey
  • Toss for a minute before removing from the pan and keeping to one side
  • Turn the heat to medium and add 1tsp olive oil
  • Add the onion and cook for a few mins
  • Then add the chorizo, garlic and green pepper
  • Cook for a further 5 mins

  • Add the chicken back into the pan with the juice of quarter orange
  • Add a few shakes of Tabasco sauce, as much or little as you like
  • Add in the rice and tin of tomatoes along with the 300ml chicken stock prepared earlier
  • Cook on a medium/low heat the the lid on for 10 mins
  • Remove the lid then cook for a final 10 mins
  • Taste the rice to check if cooked
  • Add any more water if needed
  • Once cooked stir in the parsley
  • Serve with a final squeeze of orange juice
  • ENJOY!

Such a delicious and simple dish! I did overdo it with the Tabasco but luckily everyone in my house including my grandma loves spicy food so I didn't do wrong with that one!
I will say that I think this recipe is enough for 3 people as the portions are quite big and obviously rice is very filling anyway!
I've had fun trying out these recipes from Hello Fresh, overall I'm very happy with what the company are achieving. My family loved the idea of the food box as an exciting alternative to regular food shopping and I would very happily get another box from them in future if cooking for friends or family!





Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner